17 August 2007

Camping in France and Belgium

Here are some pictures from our August camping trip. When we took out last trip, our belongings had only just been unloaded into our new house the day before, so most of our things were still boxed up, and we were still living in our temporary apartment. This time, with our house unpacked, and our stuff in order, we were far more prepared. We had a lot of fun on this trip. The sign with the bull and the horse was on the gate to a public walking path, but I think the image is pretty amazing. David brought along a small camping burner, so he was able to have his morning coffee without finding a cafe. I thought he was a little picky at first, but I have to admit that it is nice to have coffee first thing in the morning. I took this picture during an afternoon coffee break. We pulled off the road so David could fix his coffee during an almost drizzly windstorm by the beach. (Thank God we have our priorities, huh?) Unfortunately, the trip wasn't all fun and games; our car had some mechanical trouble, (how do you say "the front axle is vibrating" in French?) And worst of all, on the last morning, David's surfboard sustained a non-surfing related injury (we forgot to restrap it to the rack, and it fell off the car), but I don't know if David is ready to talk about it yet. But he has decided to start learning how to do his own board repairs, which is something he's wanted to get into for a while. Overall, we had a great time, the weather was charming, and the car garage was okay too.




No comments: